NLS on Remote Desktop Connection
For ASP customers, use Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection to connect to NLS. To ensure a secure connection, minimum of Remote Desktop Protocol 8.0 support is required. Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 has RDP 8.0 or higher by default. Windows 7 users will need to verify and install the necessary updates as shown below.
Remote Desktop Protocol 8.0 on Windows 7
To check if RDP 8.0 support is installed, open Remote Desktop Connection by clicking on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Remote Desktop Connection.
Click on the Remote Desktop Connection icon at the top left corner of the window and select About.
Verify that RDP 8.0 or higher support is displayed in the About box. If it is not, install the updates in the order provided below. For additional information, see Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) 8.0 update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Make sure you have updated to Windows 7 SP1.
- Install the following updates in the order shown:
- KB2574819: An update is available that adds support for DTLS in Windows 7 SP1.
- KB2830477: Update for RemoteApp and Desktop Connections feature is available for Windows 7 SP1.
- KB2857650: Update that improves the RemoteApp and Desktop Connections features is available for Windows 7 SP1.
- KB2913751: Smart card redirection in remote sessions fails in a Windows 7 SP1-based RDP 8.1 client.